Join us for an evening out in this family friendly event. We will be joined by Madison Police Department and Madison Fire Department.
5PM - Mounted Patrol Arrives
5:30PM - Engine 5 and Medic 5 Arrives
K9 unit and our community policing team will be present during the event.
Ice cream and root beer floats will be served - while supplies last.
LENA will provide pizzas (courtesy of Buck's Pizza), burgers and hotdogs from Ken's Meat Market, and condiments. Please bring a dish to pass and beverage of your choice. Alcoholic beverages are permitted so BYOB.
We are thrilled to highlight some of our local neighborhood and east side businesses as part of this event. We thank them for their generous support! Tickets are available for purchase at the picnic. See the list of items below -
(2) $10 certificates from Java Cat
(2) $10 certificates from Jade Monkey
(2) $25 certificates from Food Fight Restaurants
(1) $25 certificate from the Flower Factory
(20) $3 tabs from Chief's Tavern
(1) Bee Gift Basket from Al's Apiary
(1) Expandable Scrapbook/Memory Album from Ben Franklin Crafts and Frames
(1) Yogurt Maker from Dairy Connections Inc.
(1) T-Shirt and Certificate for free class with MSCR East
(1) All Natural Dog Treats with Certificate for Free Tour and Pint of Craft Beer from Wisconsin Brewing Company
(1) Paw Print Keepsake and Photo Frame Set with ASPCA 2018 Calendar from Anonymous
(1) MADISON Illustrated Sesquicentennial History, Volume I from Anonymous
(1) $30 bucket of carwash items from O'Reilly Auto Parts
(2) $10 certificates from Happy Bambino
(1) $30 certificate from Harley's Liquor
(1) Free hair cut from Manhattan Hair Design
(1) Gift basket from Olbrich Botanical Gardens
If you have not renewed your membership yet, you may do so at the picnic or better yet avoid the line and renew and pay dues online. If you are considering joining LENA but unsure, come check us out! Join our Facebook group to stay up to date with events and information and connect with neighbors!
What a fun event! It was all smiles and giggles. After the first cancellation due to weather, we were bummed but thanks everyone who were able to make it. Thank you Rutabaga Paddlesports for the outing and we hope to see you soon!
LENA is excited to team up with Rutabaga Paddlesports to offer this group activity to LENA members and residents. Unlike any other events, there will be a rental fee associated (discounted to LENA members and residents) however is open to all Lake Edge residents regardless of membership status. LENA has reserved 10 SUPs (stand-up paddleboards), 10 single kayaks, and 4 tandem kayaks for this private event. Due to the limited boats available (this is the entire fleet at the Olbrich Beach location), you will need to RSVP for the event.
When: Saturday, June 10
Where: Olbrich Beach House
Time: 10AM to noon
This could be a wonderful gift to new graduates, teachers, staff members, and/or simply a celebration to the start of summer vacation. Join us in supporting our neighborhood sponsor, Rutabaga and take advantage of the discounted rates and reserve your boat today! For neighbors with non-motorized boats, please join us and meet us at the beach.
Click here to reserve your boat(s)!
Picture courtesy of https://mexicancaribbeankitesurf.wordpress.com/2012/08/06/paddle-surfing-stan-up-and-paddle/
This year's event will take place on Friday June 23 through Sunday June 25. By participating in the neighborhood wide event, you will benefit from:
Sign up link is now open! Feel free to choose your own hours, day(s) and hours. General sale signs will be posted around the perimeters of the neighborhood approximately one week prior to the event however feel free to add your own.
*A printable electronic map will be available approximately one week prior to the event
Sign up here: 2017 LENA Garage Sale
Please join us for the annual Lake Edge Neighborhood Park Clean-Up!
Traditionally, this event has been held on Earth Day. However, this year, due to the March for Climate & Science taking place in Madison that day, we are pushing this event back a week to April 29th.
Here is our schedule:
9:00-9:30AM: Clean-up at Quaker Park
9:30-11:00AM: Clean-up at Lake Edge Park